We are looking to recruit 2 enthusiastic individuals to join and work within a skilled team of quality decorators. You will learn all aspects of the painting and decorating trade, such as measuring surface areas to work out how much paint or wall covering is needed, plus more.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
23 Oct 2023
06 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Measuring surface areas to work out how much paint or wall covering you need
- Stripping off old wallpaper or paint
- Filling holes and cracks and making sure surfaces are level
preparing surfaces with primer and undercoat
- Mixing paint to the right shade, either by hand or using computerised colour-matching equipment
- Applying layers of paint and hanging wallpaper
tidying up after finishing a job
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Painting & Decorating apprenticeship and all in house training
- Functional skills in maths and English (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time role upon completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
TRN (TRAIN) LTD.
Painter and decorator
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.