Apprenticeship in Painting & Decorating UNICORN DECORATORS LTD
A Painting & Decorating Painting and Decorating (level 2) Apprentice is required. You will be carrying out works at domestic, commercial and industrial sites and must be able to commute to Newcastle-Under-Lyme. Duties include: applying paint, stains, varnishes and other finishes, using brushes and rollers, as well as applying primers and undercoats, or varnishes and glazes.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
05 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Applying paint, stains, varnishes and other finishes
- Using brushes and rollers
- Applying primers and undercoats, or varnishes and glazes
- Removing old paint or wallpaper by sanding or scraping, or by using heat guns, liquid paint removers or steam strippers
- Laying dust sheets to protect areas from paint
- Preparing surfaces for decorating by filling holes and sealing cracks
- Tidying up and cleaning your tools
- Working in clients’ businesses or homes, or on construction sites.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Certificate in Painting & Decorating
- Training will take place for 1 day a week at Stoke on Trent College, Burslem Campus.
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
- Potential for full time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 2) Desired
About the employer
UNICORN DECORATORS LTD
STOKE ON TRENT COLLEGE
Painter and decorator
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.