Do you have a passion for cars and want to kick start an automotive career? Then this is the perfect role for you! As a Vehicle Damage Panel Technician, you will work within the Repair workshop to remove and replace body panels. The vehicles you will be working on are cars and light commercial.
Closing date: 13 Nov 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
14 Nov 2023
05 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled team that is committed to quality. You will train to become a qualified Vehicle Damage Panel Technician; the successful candidate can expect a high-quality training package with excellent career prospects. You will work independently and as part of a team following a defined process, using the skills to correctly identify the different body panel types and have the ability to use the correct repair tools to carry out the work to the highest possible standard.
You will receive training and support throughout your qualification the successful candidate will learn to remove, repair and replace vehicle body panels and components of the vehicle safely and efficiently, using a variety of body repair panel tools, equipment and devices.
Duties to include:
- Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage.
- Based on the initial assessment, deciding whether to repair or replace bodywork
- Removing damaged panels
- Refitting new/repaired panels
- Repairing damaged bodywork using traditional dolly and hammer or more modern techniques
- Repairing small dents, holes or corroded areas using a compound filler
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
- Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken.
- Liaising with the customer or insurance company
- Providing quotations and estimations
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will work towards the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage Panel Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if a GCSE grade 4/C or equivalent has not already been achieved)
Training is delivered in the workplace and via 6 one-week college blocks per year at S&B Automotive Academy.
The apprentice will be assigned a mentor in the workplace and at college who will offer support, advice and guidance by monitoring progress through an electronic logbook which both employer and the apprentice will have access to 24/7 365 days a year.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- As a company we are committed to providing development and training opportunities to our employees
- This apprenticeship is the grounding for your future development and there are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Vehicle damage panel technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.