As a Teaching Assistant Apprentice (Level 3) you will be support teaching staff in the classroom and be involved in the development, implementation and evaluation of pupils’ individual progress. You may also support individual children in class, work with small groups of children within or outside the classroom, assist with the assessment, record pupil progress, and deliver planned activities to a small group or individual pupils.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
30 Sep 2023
05 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To work under the direction of the teacher in a reception class to raise pupil attainment and maintenance of a well-ordered environment. You will work closely with children to enable them to access a full and rich curriculum within which they can make progress.
Your work will include:
- Implementing strategies to support pupils such as giving further explanations, adapting work, prompting or encouraging concentration and participation
- Assisting with the assessment and recording of pupil progress
- Delivering planned activities to a small group or individual pupils
- Organising materials and resources for lessons
- Promoting inclusive education and integration and helping in the development of relationships by encouraging appropriate interaction between pupils
- Supporting the class teacher in managing behaviour and promoting good behaviour around the school
- Liaising with the class teacher about individual children’s learning
- Undertaking playground duties as part of a rota
- Attending training and meetings
- Complying with the procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and reporting concerns to an appropriate person
- Undertaking any other duties reasonably required by the class teacher or head teacher.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be working towards a Teaching Assistant level 3 Standard,
Functional Skills in maths and English if required.
- The course is entirely work based and will not require day release.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- It is hoped but not guaranteed that an offer of full-time employment can be made on completion of your qualification.
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
- Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.