NVQ Level 3 Child Care Apprenticeship ROOTS AND SHOOTS DAY NURSERY LIMITED
Working in a childcare setting with children ranging from ages 0 - 5. You will be working towards an Advanced Diploma Early Years. Your apprenticeship will last for 13 months. This apprenticeship requires dedication, commitment & punctuality for you to be successful. You will be preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children, preparation of food for breakfast, snack, and afternoon tea, plus more.
Closing date: 07 Nov 2023
From 1 April 2023, the National Minimum Wage for apprentices is £5.28 an hour.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
22 Nov 2023
05 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting the facility in meeting Ofsted requirements
- Being a team player
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
- Undertaking First Aid training as required
- Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
- Ensuring that all Health and Hygiene requirements are always adhered to
- Responsibility for equal opportunity in delivery, access, and attitude in aspects of service delivery and management
- Working with teams across the Centre
- Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
- Preparation of food for breakfast, snack, and afternoon tea
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following safeguarding rules
- Working within confidentiality guidelines
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 - Advanced Diploma Early Years Educator - Your apprenticeship will last for 13 months. You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship, as well as a mentor within the nursery. Apprentices must successfully complete a first aid qualification in line with the requirements of the EYFS Framework during the apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Developing into a Level 3 practitioner, with the potential of a permanent position upon successful completion. Other prospects could include applying for:
- Room leader positions
- Possible management training
- Springboard into primary education
- Paediatric nursing
- Continuous development in current nursery setting
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ROOTS AND SHOOTS DAY NURSERY LIMITED
LEAPING MAN LEARNING LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.