Childcare Apprenticeship – NVQ Level 2 YOUNG ONES NURSERY SCHOOL LIMITED
A chance to gain valuable skills while working in a nursery setting as well as learn about Childcare related topics in a classroom setting. This is ideal for someone who is passionate about a career in childcare. You will learn about Safeguarding, the EYFS, First Aid to name a few things.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
10 Oct 2023
05 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
- Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
- Preparation of food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following safeguarding rules Undertaking First Aid training as required
- Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
- Ensuring that all Health and Hygiene requirements are always adhered to
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship. As you progress through your apprenticeship your duties and responsibilities will alter as you develop the skills for a successful career in childcare
- Your classroom days will be based in central Birmingham taking place once a week for the first 13 weeks
- You will gain an NVQ Level 2 Early Years Practitioner qualification with a view to continuing onto a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- During this apprenticeship in childcare, you will have access to excellent training and development opportunities within the role, with the potential to progress on the Advanced Diploma, Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or Above) Essential
About the employer
YOUNG ONES NURSERY SCHOOL LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.