A chance to gain valuable skills while working in a nursery setting as well as learn about Childcare related topics in a classroom setting. This is ideal for someone who is passionate about a career in childcare. You will learn about safeguarding, the EYFS, first aid to name a few things. The role includes preparation of food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea, supporting children’s self-help needs and being creative and enthusiastic.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
10 Oct 2023
05 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
- Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
- Preparation of food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following safeguarding rules
- Undertaking first aid training as required
- Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
- Ensuring that all health and hygiene requirements are always adhered to
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship
- As you progress through your apprenticeship your duties and responsibilities will alter as you develop the skills for a successful career in childcare
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- During this apprenticeship in childcare, you will have access to excellent training and development opportunities within the role, with the potential to progress on the Advanced Diploma, Level 3 Apprenticeship Early Years Educator.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or Above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
LEAPING MAN LEARNING LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.