Our Apprentices are immersed in a vibrant learning environment within our collection of luxury wedding venues and restaurants. They learn on and off the job from exceptional chefs within a highly skilled kitchen brigade whilst working with premium seasonal produce and high quality equipment and tools. Duties will include; High quality food preparation. Helping with running and set up of the kitchen to agreed company standards and policies. Assisting the chef with presentation of a 3 course meal, ensuring that standards of food and service are consistently excellent.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
Salary will be reviewed at the end of the apprentice's first year Employee Benefit scheme Pension (with contributions from Jenkinsons) You get paid by BACS every week Refer a friend payment (Unlimited Payments) Subject to conditions
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
06 Nov 2023
12 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a Commis Chef you will work alongside our talented chefs who will teach you all aspects wedding catering, with restaurants, banqueting and corporate events, including:
- High quality food preparation
- Helping with running and set up of the kitchen to agreed company standards and policies
- Assisting the chef with presentation of a 3 course meal, ensuring that standards of food and service are consistently excellent.
- Basic food hygiene, (CPL),
- Legislation, Regulation, Allergens
- Statutory compliance and health and safety
- COSHH, HACCPs and Best practice
- Knife skills
- Food storage (CCP), time and temperature checks
- Stock control and date labelling
- Procedures and structure
- Knowledge & understanding cooking techniques stocks/sauces/soups/braising/dauphinoise/canapes/labelling
- Help control Kitchen cleanliness
- Working as part of a team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Guarantee of a role in a Jenkinsons kitchen at the end
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Mike Patterson, HR Manager
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.