Medical Administrator Apprentice Chilwell Valley & Meadows Practice
Exciting opportunity to start your career in the administration sector. You will be working for this busy medical practice, undertaking a variety of administration duties and provide general assistance to the practice team, you will project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors either in person or via the telephone.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
05 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Extracting and filing medical records, laboratory results and correspondence in both paper and electronic formats as required.
- Using the computerised clinical system to undertake appointment booking and routine procedures.
- Provide a range of clerical duties including photocopying, scanning, filing, message taking, sorting and distributing post etc.
- To respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from members of the public, suppliers, and other staff.
- To deal with all customer contact effectively, and courteously, in line with the Practices policies and procedures.
- Maintain manual and computerised systems including inputting data, keeping records, statistics, confidential and general filing systems as directed.
- Assist with the organisation of meetings and events, ensuring that all necessary arrangements are made.
- Apply and actively promote the principles of the Organisations Equal Opportunities Policy in all areas of emplyment and service delivery.
- Implementing practice policies and procedures as instructed.
- Undertaking specific clerical and administrative tasks appropriate to the grade of post as required for the smooth running of the practice.
- Attending regular staff meetings and undertaking appropriate training as required.
- Any other appropriate duties under the direction of the Line Manager for the placement, applicable to the grade and qualifications of the post.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 apprenticeships.
Apprentices who have not achieved the equivalent of level 2 in maths and English, must achieve these prior to end point assessment.
Apprentices will be allocated a Trainor Assessor and training will be planned and delivered in conjunction with the employer to meet the individual needs of the apprentice.
The apprentice will spend 20% of their working hours in off the job activities and training.
On the job and off the job training will be delivered in the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the 18 months apprenticeship, a permanent position may be available to the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential
About the employer
ACCESS TRAINING (EAST MIDLANDS) LTD
Level 3 (A level)