Laboratory Technician Apprentice - Quality Team URGO LIMITED
The successful candidate will ensure safe and efficient production of goods through to release from previous production stage or raw materials. Helping to maintain and develop the quality and environmental management systems. The role includes recording and confirmation of corrective action of quality non-conformances and adherence to quantity and batch control system and recording of data as required.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2023
23 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
30 Oct 2023
05 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working within a team of people in Quality and Production to test bandages and hosiery products using equipment such as HATRA, Hounsfield, Cetme and other testing devices
- Set-up and operation of a variety of ancillary equipment as required to support the testing process (i.e., washing machine, aging oven)
- Adherence to testing schedules plans as notified by the Team Leader/QHSE Manager
- Isolate any faults identified in accordance with operation procedures
- Recording and confirmation of corrective action of quality non-conformances
- Adherence to quantity and batch control system and recording of data as required
- Assist and contribute to the maintenance and development of the QMS and EMS
- Updating and maintenance of any paperwork as requested by your Team/Leader Manager
- Ensure a safe working environment and approach to your/your team's work
- Ensures a pro-active, fact-based approach to all forms of waste material and time. Highlight loss and damage to the Team Leader/QHSE Manager
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- L3 Apprenticeship Standard in Laboratory Technician
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths (if required)
- Some sessions delivered at Loughborough College
- Online portfolio to update with learning and development completed onsite
- Diarised visits from dedicated trainer/assessor
- Attendance to Loughborough College for Functional Skills (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.