An exciting opportunity has risen to join one of Nottingham’s premier dining experiences as an apprentice chef. Working under an experienced brigade, led by Laurence Henry (winner of Master Chef in 2018). Day to day duties and responsibilities to include, but not limited to: To ensure the restaurant trades profitably to agreed food margin, by correctly portioning Responsive and adaptable to customer requests and providing support for colleagues etc.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
24 Oct 2023
04 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Day to day duties and responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- · To undertake all training to ensure high quality and consistency of the menu, which should also match the company’s products specifications and operating procedures.
· To ensure the restaurant trades profitably to agreed food margin, by correctly portioning
· and minimising wastage.
· Putting away all deliveries following food safety standards
· Section fully stocked and prepped ready for service at the start of each shift
· Responsive and adaptable to customer requests and providing support for colleagues
· To ensure the kitchen area and relevant back of house areas are maintained in meticulously clean and tidy manner, audit ready at all times · Learn and understand the importance of food safety, including HACCP, labelling, allergies and cross-contamination, keeping the safety of our customers as a priority at all times
· Be responsible for consistency of standards with a strict adherence to health and safety, with a 5* food hygiene rating expectation to be achieved and maintained
· To actively participate in regular staff meetings
· To make sure all uniform standards are adhered to, positively representing our brands
· To adhere to all open and close operations, including cleaning standards procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Commis Chef Level 2
Functional Skills English and Maths (Level 2 is required )
Day release – One day per week to Nottingham College 18 month duration Link to Commis Chef Standard-
Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Cleaver & Wake
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.