Are you looking to pursue a career in Welding? S&E Engineering seeks a talented and motivated individual to join our apprentice scheme, as an Apprentice Welder (Level 3). We are a small, busy, well-established welding business looking to grow our team and share our knowledge and experience with the right candidate. Duties include: MIG and TIG welding, fabricating steel structural fabrications and fabricating in various steel grades.
Closing date: 03 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
04 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Typical day-to-day duties will include:
- MIG and TIG welding
- Fabricating steel structural fabrications
- Fabricating in various steel grades
- Marking out and drilling materials from drawings
- Reading engineering drawings and sketches
- Working with various thicknesses and materials
- Fitting and assembly
- General production engineering
- Using manual tools
- Ongoing quality checks
- Working with the wider team to support in any area required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will attend day release at North Lindsey College where you will receive training from our dedicated tutors and assessors. You will also be mentored in the workplace by experienced staff who are keen to share their skills and knowledge.
You will undertake the Level 3 Plate Welder standard, and Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and /or English if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
- Potential for full time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
S&E ENGINEERING (SCUNTHORPE) LIMITED
DN COLLEGES GROUP
Level 3 (A level)