The role will be majorly to assist stylist and clients. Day to day tasks will be assigned including carrying out shampooing, conditioning treatments, removing colours, neutralising perms and any other tasks deemed suitable under supervision, if required.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
04 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Maintaining a safe, healthy and clean environment
- Assisting senior colleagues to deliver salon services
- Engaging positively with clients and promoting a positive image of yourself and the salon
- Greeting and gowning clients in readiness for hairdressing services
- Preparing tools, equipment and products for services
- Carrying out shampooing, conditioning treatments, removing colours, neutralising perms and any other tasks deemed suitable under supervision, if required
- Answering the telephone, dealing with enquiries and making appointments
- Processing client payments
- Making and serving refreshments for clients
- Promoting salon services and products
- Ensuring the salon is clean and tidy at the end of the day
- Commitment to training by attending all training session, assessments and reviews
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training Provider: BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
On programme Training:
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 1 and/or 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Institute of Apprenticeship Certificate
End point assessment
- A practical assessment
- Oral questioning
- The practical assessment and oral questioning will assess the learner’s professionalism, values, behaviours, communication, safe working practices and consultation skills.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To be discussed once the learner finishes the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
SALON 68 LIMITED
LONDON SOUTH EAST COLLEGES
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.