Business Admin Apprentice Kingskerswell & Ipplepen Health Centre
A Business Admin Apprentice is required. Full training will be given in all areas of administration within general practice, training will be developed throughout the apprenticeship. You will be enrolled on the Business Administration Apprenticeship Level 3 with PMA Ltd.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
For the right candidate, this may increase from minimum wage.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
04 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Kingskerswell & Ipplepen Health Centre are looking for candidates with excellent communication skills, computer literacy and someone who enjoys working with people. We are looking for excellent GCSE results or equivalent. Good written English and spoken skills. Accuracy and working in a methodical and tactful way.
Reception & Appointments
- Greeting patients, booking them in to clinics
- Answer incoming calls on behalf of the practice, dealing efficiently with general enquiries from patient and transfer calls accordingly
- Book appointments for GP’s nurse and other service providers across both surgeries
- Ensuring that all calls are answered promptly, accurately, and professionally using health navigation skills (full training will be given)
- Taking accurate messages where appropriate
- Registering new patients and temporary patients – checking identity
- Working closely with and supporting doctors (GP), nurses, midwives, health visitors, phlebotomists, healthcare assistants and other outside agencies as necessary
- Maintaining electronic appointment systems. managing an online appointment booking system
- Ensuring security of premises and arranging maintenance of equipment
- Maintaining electronic medical records, scanning letters and medical documents and use of an electronic document management system
- Using MS Office software WORD and EXCEL / Networked computers.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full training will be given in all areas of administration within General Practice. You will work closely and be guided by team members who are highly skilled. This training will be developed throughout the apprenticeship, gaining full working knowledge in all areas.
The successful apprentice will be enrolled on the Business Admin apprenticeship level 3 with PMA Ltd which will include Functional Skills (unless exempt).
The apprenticeship will be a work-based apprenticeship and the learner does not attend college but completes the apprenticeship whilst in the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
All our apprentices are given the opportunity to progress to various roles within the Surgery, including our GP assistant training programme.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3 to 9) Desired
About the employer
Kingskerswell & Ipplepen Health Centre
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.