A Level 3 - Childcare Apprentice is required. Working in a Childcare setting with children ranging from ages 0 - 5, you will be working towards an Advanced Diploma Early Years. Your apprenticeship will last for 13 months. This Apprenticeship requires dedication, commitment and punctuality. Duties include: supporting the development of the childcare provision and providing an excellent range of activities that ensures the child learns whilst having fun.
Closing date: 18 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
21 Dec 2023
04 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Supporting the development of the childcare provision
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures the child learns whilst having fun
- Assisting in meeting Ofsted requirements
- Being a team player
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for children appropriately
- Responsibility for equal opportunity in delivery
- Supporting children’s learning and development
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following Safeguarding rules and regulations.
The training you will be getting
Level 3 - Advanced Diploma Early Years Educator:
- Your apprenticeship will last for 13 months
- You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship, as well as a mentor within the nursery
- Apprentices must successfully evidence a First Aid qualification approved by EYFS.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Developing into a Level 3 Practitioner, with the potential of a position upon successful completion. Other prospects could include applying for:
- Room Leader Positions
- Possible Management training
- Springboard into Primary Education
- Paediatric nursing
- Continuous development in current nursery setting.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 and above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Jigsaw Day Nursery
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
020 3137 1470
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.