Early Years Apprentice (Level 3) LIMETREE LOUGHBOROUGH LTD
This is an exciting opportunity to learn while you work, gaining first hand experience of a busy, exciting nursery environment. You will get involved with the team, working across all the ages and experiencing the different rooms within the setting. You'll participate in planning activities and daily care routines for the children.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2023
Birthdays are gifted as an extra day of annual leave. Overtime upto 42 hours per week are paid as national minimum wage for your age.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
01 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working alongside a team of practitioners with a mix of abilities, some will be apprentices / trainee staff, some will be qualified and have worked in childcare for a number of years.
You will need to:
- Build up relationships with the children and families and take on some key person responsibilities
- Ensuring they understand safeguarding and implementing this into their job role (training will be provided)
- Supporting the team to provide the children with an enabling environment that promotes child development
- Helping out with daily routines and care of the children
- Taking a active part in planning for and assessing for the children
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Apprenticeships Standard in Early Years Educator
- Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if required)
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- A knowledge test - Multiple Choice test
- A professional discussion underpinned by the portfolio
- Monthly visits from an assessor into the setting, they will be assessed through observations and professional discussions in the work place and set written work which they will be expected to complete within their own time with support from their assessor and also the in house apprentice support
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- At lime tree we have lots of opportunities from progression, whether that is a room lead, senior, deputy, if you are passionate about children with SEND we offer opportunities to develop this, we are always looking at new and exiting things within the child development sector and new job roles can progress from this
- We also support any learners who may want to go on to do level 4, foundation degree and higher
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
BTEC or equivalent Childcare Qualification (Grade Level 2) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.