Machine Shop Apprentice ADVANCED ENGINEERING TECHNIQUES LIMITED
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large engineering company based in Sheffield as their new machinist apprentice. The role will involve loading machines, operating machines and quality checking of products within the manufacturing area.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
24 Oct 2023
01 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To be trained and learn how to operate the CNC Machines under constant supervision
- To respect and follow instructions from your mentor whilst he is imparting his knowledge for you to reach your goals
- Once trained load and unload material manually or with hoists or cranes, depending on weight and size
- To attend College as agreed and hand in course work on time
- To be trained on how to exercise proper care of tools, machinery, materials, and equipment
- Follow company procedures as laid down in the staff handbook
- May be required to carry out other duties in other departments as assigned by Lead/Supervisor or Management
- Responsible for the safe and proper packaging, identifying, and moving of all finished products to the correct location
- During training you will perform first piece dimensional inspections as well as all subsequent inspections as required by AET quality standards
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence
- You will be expected to work towards the Machining Technician Level 3, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full time job with the company and opportunity for career progression
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.