Pharmacy Technician Dispensing Apprenticeship GUARDIAN PHARMACY LIMITED
As a Pharmacy Level 3 Apprentice, you will work under the supervision of a qualified pharmacist or pharmacy technician in a pharmacy setting. This apprenticeship program provides you with comprehensive training and practical experience to develop your skills and knowledge in pharmaceutical services.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
£10,296.00 to £20,319.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
14 Oct 2023
01 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting and assisting customers, answering their queries and offering appropriate advice on over-the-counter medications and health-related products
- Assist in the accurate dispensing of prescriptions by preparing medications, labelling packages and ensuring adherence to dosage instructions and legal requirements
- Receive and unpack stock deliveries, check expiry dates and ensure proper storage and stock rotation. Maintain inventory levels and assist in stock ordering as required
- Offer guidance to patients on the safe use of prescribed medications, explaining potential side effects, dosage instructions and any necessary precautions
- Support health promotion initiatives by providing information on over-the-counter products, promoting healthy lifestyles and advising on the management of minor ailments
- Assist with administrative tasks such as processing prescriptions, managing patient records and maintaining accurate and confidential records in compliance with legal requirements
Health and Safety:
- Adhere to health and safety regulations and guidelines to ensure a safe working environment for yourself, colleagues and customers
- Engage in continuous learning and development activities, attend training sessions and work towards achieving the required qualifications and competencies of the apprenticeship programme
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Pharmacy Technician (integrated) Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- BTEC Level 3 Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Technicians
- Weekly day release at the Rush Green Campus
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- With experience you could become a departmental supervisor or manager
- You could take on a specialist role like clinical technician, working with healthcare professionals and patients on wards
- There are opportunities to move into a specialist areas like oncology, pediatrics, or clinical trials
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
BTEC or equivalent Level 2 Pharmacy (Grade Pass) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
GUARDIAN PHARMACY LIMITED
BARKING AND DAGENHAM COLLEGE
Pharmacy technician (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.