Hair Professional Apprenticeship Level 2 TINT RETAIL LIMITED
Apprentice Hairdresser to undertake a 24 month course that is the entry point for a career in hairdressing. You will be employed by a salon earning a wage, working 4 days in a salon and one day training at the Philips Academy. You will be meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner and shampooing and conditioning hair.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
01 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your role will include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- Shampooing and conditioning hair and providing treatments, drying hair, setting hair and sourcing equipment.
- Assisting qualified Hairdressers with mixing colours, moving on to colour application and colour choice.
- Some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role, which will become more complex throughout the training to include some advanced techniques.
- Assisting with reception duties and offering refreshments to clients, moving onto making new appointments for clients.
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing.
- Functional skills in maths and English (as required).
- Training will take place within your salon of employment on an ongoing basis and also once a week at the Philips Academy in Wakefield City Centre.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of this apprenticeship, you could progress onto the Advanced and Creative Hair Professional Level 3.
You could become a stylist within a salon or become a self-employed hairdresser.
Hairdressing is a skill that is transferable around the world, opening up job opportunities in different countries.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
PHILIPS HAIR SALONS LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.