Café Sapore are seeking a hardworking creative individual to join their team as an apprentice Chef. The successful candidate will gain a Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship. You will assist and support with day-to-day food preparation, receive and prepare produce and ingredients to the required standard, as well as other duties.
Closing date: 29 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
11 Apr 2024
01 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Fantastic opportunity to join the team at Café Sapore they are looking to take on an Apprentice Production Chef, under the guidance of the head chef, you will learn the basics of food preparation within a very busy kitchen environment, in line with delivering the high standards of the brand.
Duties to include:
- Assist and support with day-to-day food preparation
- Receive and prepare produce and ingredients to the required standard
- Assist in the preparation of dishes finished to the required standard
- Play your part in the good order and management of the kitchen
- Work within all current food safety regulations
- Monitor stock levels, place order for deliveries
- Check all food deliveries for accuracy and quality
- Adhere to stock rotation standards
- Washing of cutlery and equipment used
The training you will be getting
- On and off-the-job training
- Level 2 Production Chef
- Day release at Middlesbrough College
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be a potential position of employment available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
CAFE SAPORE LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.