carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship JOYCE & REDDINGTON HOLDINGS LTD
Exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate to work alongside highly skilled and experienced woodworking professionals and develop your skills in machine and bench woodworking in a friendly, well-established workshop.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
13 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- We are looking for an apprentice joiner to join our team of highly skilled craftsmen.
- You will be assisting the joiners in manufacturing a wide range of bespoke commissions, both domestic andcommercial.
- Duties will begin with sanding and filling wood and will progress to include use of machinery and spraying finished commissions.
- You will be responsible for helping to maintain a clean and tidy work environment (including assisting with the workshop cleaning schedule).
- Training in both machine woodworking and bench joinery will be provided both at Walsall college and on the job.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Carpentry and Joinery Level 2 apprenticeship
1 day per week at Walsall College
Functional Skills maths & English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A full time position and career progression within this sector
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade Grade 4 or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.