Apprentice chef opportunity at Nicholsons, 30 hours per week including day release. Working alongside a talented team in a modern kitchen you'll learn food hygiene, food preparation, presentation and general kitchen management... come and enjoy the buzz!
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
£8236.80 per anum £30 average tips per week Pension scheme Bonus & Reward Scheme
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
31 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Prepare food items in line with current legislation
- Follow our recipe and presentation specifications including portion control and waste management
- Finish food items in line with our brand standards
- Clean and maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen environment including preparation, cooking and storage areas
- Complete food safety management system documentation
- Carry out stock checks and follow stock rotation systems
- Operate and clean specialist kitchen equipment following safe handling procedures
- Receive and check deliveries of food items, equipment and chemicals and store correctly
- Work with our team of chefs to ensure dishes produced are of high quality, delivered on time and to the standard required
- Contribute to our ongoing review of menus to improve our culinary offer
- Develop your skills and knowledge
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- English and maths qualifications
- On-site training
- Portsmouth College
- Block release
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, further opportunities may be available to you at our company or within the College
- The experience and skills gained should prepare you for future progression within the industry
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 1) Desired
About the employer
CITY OF PORTSMOUTH COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.