Apprentice Design Engineer INTERNATIONAL LIFT EQUIPMENT LTD
The job role itself will involve learning how to create 3D CAD models using Solidworks. These will then be used to create concise, fully dimensioned technical drawings which can be used by our engineering staff to produce the required parts and assemblies.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
02 Nov 2023
31 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Initial training provided by mentors
- Visits to sites to create surveys
- 3D CAD modelling
- Produce 2D Technical Drawings
- Create concise, fully dimensioned technical drawings
- Supporting engineers where required
- Issuing process to get parts manufactured
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
We (Keighley College) will support and coach the learner through the apprenticeship standard. We will carry out both curriculum and pastoral care.
We will carry out the skills, development and workshop practices. We will oversee the teaching and learning around the knowledge, behaviours and skills elements of the qualifications, outlined below. We will manage the apprentice’s OneFile account ensuring targets, milestones and deadlines are achieved.
Mode of delivery: To attend the Keighley Campus as required over the 42 months alongside observations and assessments carried out in the work place. An assessor will visit the place of work every 6-8 weeks.
Supporting qualifications to be achieved throughout the apprenticeship:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations
- Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Technical Support - Engineering Drawing Pathway
- BTEC Level 4 HNC - Manufacturing Engineering
Personal and People Development:
- Working on their own as well as part of a team, seeking help and guidance when they are not sure
Health, Safety and Security:
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment
- Adhering to legislations appropriate to the industry
Equality and Diversity:
- Follow the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion
Functional Skills qualifications:
- Level 2 Functional Skill in English
- Level 2 Functional Skill in maths
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion the apprentice would be suitable to undertake a role as a fully-fledged Design Engineer.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
About the employer
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Engineering design and draughtsperson
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.