Upton & Co Accountants are searching for an Accounts Apprentice to join their team. The apprentice will develop the ability to deal with all aspects of clients from complete and incomplete record status. Also, they will deal with all aspects of tax which will help give them a fully rounded knowledge of the industry.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
04 Oct 2023
31 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Preparation of small sole trade accounts, initially progressing to bigger sole trade jobs and eventually, companies once settled within the role
- Preparation of tax returns (all aspects of tax returns)
- Preparation of VAT returns, again once settled within the role
- Answering phones and dealing with clients when they come to the office as necessary
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- AAT qualification at Level 3
- The successful candidate will undertake a full review of their existing skills versus what is required in their new role. First Intuition will then advise on the best apprenticeship programme for them. This will be a structured AAT Apprenticeship programme (depending on the candidate’s experience and knowledge)
- A blend of classroom and online training will support the candidate to achieve a well-recognised accountancy qualification which will both help with their new role and potentially lead on to further study
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Upton & Co Accountants are an ACCA-registered practice so there is scope to progress through their AAT up to ACCA (if they wish to go this far)
- Further development would depend on the practice at the time as we are always looking to grow and expand
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent GCSE Maths (Grade 5) Essential
About the employer
FIRST INTUITION LEEDS LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.