We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly dental practice. We are a dental practice with a well-established and friendly team. We would love you to join us as an Apprentice Dental Nurse and start your exciting career in dental nursing. The role involves updating computer records and taking notes. Cleaning surgery to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls. Preparing instruments and materials during treatments.
Closing date: 29 Nov 2023
The National minimum wage is the lowest amount that an employer can offer and so this is the lowest wage expectation. The pay may be negotiated and may rise after a probation period has been successfully completed.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
30 Nov 2023
31 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role of a Dental Nurse is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery.
This includes but is not exhausted to:
- Greeting and caring for all patients in a polite and courteous manner at all times
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Provide chair side assistance during all dental procedures
- Update computer records and taking notes
- Cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
You will be earning whilst learning during your apprenticeship. The dental practice will give you all of the practical knowledge you will need in order to qualify as a Dental Nurse and the training provider (Harriet Ellis) will teach you all of the theory side.
Your study will be online based with weekly teaching sessions and off the job training given to you and paid by your employer.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship offers employment within a Dental Practice with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
It will develop the skills, knowledge, and behaviours of the learner to operate competently in all aspects of clinical responsibilities.
It will also provide them with the relevant qualifications to apply for professional registration as a Dental Nurse to the General Dental Council (GDC).
What you will study:
- Cross infection
- Oral hygiene
- First aid
- Health and Safety
You will complete on and off the job training whilst you are fully supported throughout, progressing to gateway and endpoint assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A great opportunity to be trained and secure long-term employment with an employer who wishes to develop your knowledge and skills
- A good route into dental hygiene, dental therapy or dental cosmetics with further training
- Once qualified, it offers excellent career progression into possibly moving into a team leader, manager or dental practice manager position
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade At least C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
HARRIET ELLIS TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Apprenticeship Registrations Team
01708 776 050
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)