Apprentice Accident Repair Technician BRISTOL ACCIDENT REPAIR CENTRE CENTRAL LIMITED
Have you always had a passion for anything automotive? This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has an interest for improving a range of vehicles as you will be working to bring them back to their formal glory! This role offers a great opportunity to develop skills in all craft aspects.
Closing date: 28 Nov 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
29 Nov 2023
30 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We currently have an opening for an Accident Repair Technician Apprentice, this multi-skilled role is demanding as the successful applicant will work in a modern Bodyshop environment, working on a broad range of vehicles to develop a level of skill in all craft aspects of vehicle accident repair, including Mechanical, Electrical & Trim; Panel Repair & Replacement; Paint while learning their trade to a recognised qualification.
You will be the next generation of body shop technicians with the ability to adapt and change. This is great role for someone who is willing to jump start their career and have an interest in problem solving.
Duties may include:
Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
• Remove damaged & associated components from a vehicle and refit
• Re-assemble replacement or existing components to a vehicle.
• Remove and re-assemble permanent & non-permanent fixed vehicle body panels
• Remove and refit all types of vehicle body panels.
• Remove and refit trim components.
• Identify and describe principle vehicle electrical components and systems.
• Diagnose and rectify basic vehicle electrical faults.
Panel Repair and Replacement:
• Repair all types of vehicle body panels.
• Repair or refurbish Trim components.
• Repair vehicles using thermal welding operations and processes.
• Repair vehicles using non thermal joining, bonding and adhesive processes.
• Remove, repair and replace structural body panels.
• Identify and rectify vehicle body structural misalignment.
Preparation and Paint
• Apply body filler & foundation materials.
• Prepare all types of vehicle body material.
• Prepare & refinish metal, plastic and pre-painted surfaces.
• Repair minor defects in all types of body panels and materials.
• Apply paint, primer and basecoat
• Apply topcoats and clear coats and complete final refinishing operations.
• Identify and rectify paint or preparation defects.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
S&B Automotive Academy is a specialist apprenticeship training provider located in Bedminster, Bristol. The apprenticeship training is delivered via 9 weekly block releases at S&B throughout a year, learning will also take place in the workplace and a S&B Development Coach and Workplace Mentor are allocated to support and monitor your progress to help you reach your goals and manage your workload. Your employer will pay you when you are attending weekly training blocks at S&B.
As a result you will receive the following:
- Level 3 Accident Repair Technician standard
- Level 2 Functional skills in maths and English (If not already exempt)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are committed to providing you with all the support and training you need to gain your Level 3 Apprenticeship Qualification and to develop your career further with us as an Accident Repair Technician. As a company we love to help our employees by encouraging them, this could open up even more career opportunities.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
07852 344 136
Accident repair technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.