A rare opportunity has become available at one of Nottingham’s favourite restaurants who have expanded to a new restaurant. Pudding Pantry are looking for an apprentice chef to learn the ropes and create delicious homemade dishes from scratch.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2023
- Salary increases will be considered based on apprentice performance.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
24 Oct 2023
30 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Within this role you will gain skills and qualifications pivotal to becoming a professional chef. Working in a fast paced and busy kitchen you will gain hands on experience in the day-to-day duties involved in working in a professional kitchen.
Duties and topics covered across the role will include:
- Modern cooking techniques
- Knife skills
- Plating and presentation skills
- Preparing stocks, soups, sauces and garnish
- Dealing with deliveries, stock control and ordering
- Assisting on prep days and preparing ingredients for senior staff
- Learn stock control, ordering and how to design delicious menus
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Production Chef Level 2- https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/production-chef-v1-0
- Functional Skills English and Maths unless exempt (Level 1 is required)
- Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment. Please refer to above link for more information
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.