Business Administration Apprenticeship Ashford Medical Partnership
A great opportunity to work in a busy doctor’s practice/primary care network, assisting with reception and administration duties across all areas of the practice. Full apprenticeship for a Level 3 Business Administrator qualification.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
05 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken may include any or all the items in the following list. Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the management, dependent on current and evolving workloads and staffing levels.
Duties of the post:
- Covering reception, meeting and greeting patients
- Taking telephone queries; booking of appointment, signposting patients to the most appropriate care/service and answering general queries
- Working in the admin office within the staff team on a rotation basis, under the guidance of management
- Logging a variety of information into patient records using a clinical system
- Provide a confidential, efficient, timely and accurate administration service
- Using Excel and Word to perform specific tasks set by Management
- Scanning incoming correspondence into patients’ electronic records via the clinical system
- Providing general administrative support such as filing, photocopying and general letters and any other duties appropriate to the role
- Sorting incoming post
- Working in the reception office within the staff team on a rotation basis, under the guidance of the site manager
- Logging patient arrivals, booking appointments and utilising the full range of services provided with the electronic appointments system (training will be provided)
- Dealing with patients face-to-face in a professional manner
- Calling patients with reminders/results, etc.
- Contacting patients by e-mail/letter with reminders/results
- Assist with updating or managing the practice's website or social media accounts
- Participation in ad hoc business improvement projects from time-to-time
- Registering patients and updating patient details
Action correspondence that comes into the practice's email accounts
- Processing referrals to secondary care
Communicating with hospitals and other community service providers
- Undertake filing
- Make follow up appointments with patients
- Input computer data
- Order ambulances when required
- Assist other colleagues as and when necessary to help ensure the Practice is efficient and effective
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the management team to meet the overall business needs. The role will evolve as time and duties progress.
The practice operates out of 3 sites and it is expected you may work from any of the 3 sites on a rotational basis.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training will be provided to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English (if required)
You will undertake the Business Admin Level 3 apprenticeship with the training provider PMA Ltd. Your training will all be completed in the workplace during your working week. You will also receive general practice in house training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Good opportunity for a permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3 to 9 (A to D)) Essential
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.