As a Level 2 Hair Apprentice, you will be assisting senior team salon members and have many responsibilities. These will include: booking appointments, shampooing and conditioning hair, drying and styling hair; as well as mixing and applying dyes and colourants. You will also have an opportunity to learn about hair extensions to eventually gain more and more responsibility.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
29 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Booking appointments
- Shampooing and conditioning hair
- Drying and styling hair
- Mixing and applying dyes and colourants
- Hair extensions.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 1 and/or 2 Functional Skills in English and maths
- Institute of Apprenticeship Certificate, if required.
End point assessment:
- A practical assessment
- Verbal questioning.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential to progress onto a Level 3 Hair Apprenticeship
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
- Potential for full time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
LONDON SOUTH EAST COLLEGES
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.