Apprentice Gym Equipment Metal Fabricator NYTRAM GYM EQUIPMENT LIMITED
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Gym Equipment Metal Fabricator based in Leyland. The broad purpose of the occupation is to carry out metal fabrication work using things such as rolled steel joists, columns, channels, steel plate and metal sheet etc.
Closing date: 26 Jan 2024
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
05 Feb 2024
29 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
As our business is growing we are looking to take on a Metal Fabricator Apprentice to join the team. The job role will be based at our unit in Leyland and as part of your apprenticeship you will attend various block training weeks with our training provider in Blackburn, Training 2000. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but not limited to the following):
- Assisting in the marking out, cutting, drilling and fabricating components.
- Working at a high level of accuracy to create components on the lathe.
- MIG welding components & sub-assemblies.
- Building/assembly of the equipment to produce the finished piece.
- Working with CAD drawings & assisting in improving, updating & editing current drawings.
- Have input in designing & producing new products. There will also be opportunities to see other areas of the business including refurbishment, powdercoating/finishing & delivery/installation.
The training you will be getting
The apprentice will be working towards completing the Metal Fabricator Standard which will include the following:
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- L3 Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Functional skills in English, Maths and ICT (if not already achieved).
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Engineers are inventors, designers and problem solvers, people who make a difference to the way we live. As trained professionals, engineers are well paid and highly respected. Many get top jobs and even run their own companies. If you enjoy working as part of a team, like solving problems and have a practical flair, you will find engineering has a lot to offer.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.