VQ Solutions are looking for a personable individual to join Leeds Road Surgery. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and busy doctors' surgery in Harrogate, who wish to recruit a Medical Receptionist Apprentice to join their experienced and friendly team. The role includes arranging transport and home visits for doctors, ensure correspondence and reports are scanned on and filed correctly on the patient’s record in line with practice protocol and booking appointments face to face and via the telephone.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2023
£8.50 per hour, increasing to £10.87 per hour.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
15 Oct 2023
29 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Dealing with patient's queries
- Booking appointments face to face and via the telephone
- Deal with general enquires, explain procedures, make new and follow-up appointments
- Raising and distributing prescriptions
- Administrative duties
- Arranging transport and home visits for doctors
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Ensure correspondence and reports are scanned on and filed correctly on the patient’s record in line with practice protocol
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will work towards an Advanced level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship delivered by VQ Solutions. You'll have a dedicated VQ Mentor and will also be supported internally by your manager.
During this apprenticeship, you will develop a portfolio, attend online workshop sessions and have regular reviews. All apprenticeship work will be completed during working hours.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Leeds Road Surgery has an excellent track record with the progression of their apprentices.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Minimum 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
The Leeds Road Practice
VQ SOLUTIONS LTD
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.