The Learning Trust - Facilities Services Operative Apprenticeship INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
The Learning Trust are seeking a creative and hard-working Facilities Operative Apprentice supporting the smooth running of the facilities. The role includes providing customer service to internal and external customers to ensure the effective delivery of a range of facilities' services and supporting the delivery of facility service projects.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2023
Pay increase after 12 months
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
29 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Keeping staff and pupils safe, ensuring safeguarding of pupils is given and key priority
- Ensuring the security of the buildings by checking the perimeter is secure and access gates are kept locked on a daily basis
- Ensuring that fire regulations are observed and regular checks are carried out and logged, including the weekly alarm test, fire extinguisher test and emergency lighting test
- Responding appropriately to emergency situations, or urgent issues as they arise, including maintaining oversight of health and safety issues and being a first aider; following up as necessary, including recording incidents and sharing learning
- Maintaining the buildings including: performing repairs, minor building/decoration work, managing contracting maintenance services as needed
- Completing work from the fault logbook kept on site, performing daily litter picking duties and maintaining external bins, moving furniture, stepladder checks and basic plumbing duties
- Ensuring that daily maintenance and housekeeping routines are consistent to allow staff to work efficiently and pupils to learn
- Keeping the surrounding grounds properly cared for and landscaped
- Conducting safeguarding checks and confirming risk assessments with contractors prior to and on arrival and checking that agreed work by contractors has been completed satisfactorily, following up on any deficiencies
- Co-ordinating and distributing deliveries
- Ensuring buildings are adequately heated and that boilers are maintained and serviced as required
- Supporting the running of the school and the welfare of the pupils were required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Facilities Services Operative Standard qualification
- Level 2 Facilities Services Principles
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possible progression into full-time employment for the right applicant
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or Level 2 equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Facilities services operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.