The company designs and manufactures full vehicle wiring systems and are looking to recruit an apprentice to read & understand electrical wiring diagrams and use precision hand tools to construct wiring harnesses used within automotive & motorsport industries.
Closing date: 17 Oct 2023
£10,296.00 to £20,319.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
23 Oct 2023
29 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
HCI Systems Ltd design and manufacture full vehicle electrical wiring systems for all motorsport, automotive and defence applications. From complex prototype to small one-off harnesses, wired enclosures, panels and control systems - HCI are the UK's leading specialists in electrical systems design.
Full training will be given on the components used within the harnesses and how to follow Codes of Practice for manufacturing wiring harnesses to the highest standards.
Duties will include:
- Reading and understanding electrical wiring diagrams
- Using precision hand tools
- Working to critically low tolerances
- Wiring harnesses used within automotive and motorpsport industries
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- This is a level 2 Engineering Operative Apprenticeship (electrical pathway) delivered over a period of 15 months
- The apprentice will be required to attend the training centre 1 day per week during this period - In-Comm Training Services in Telford, TF3 3AJ
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential to progress within production to Qualified Wiring Harness Technician, Senior Wiring Harness Technician then Team Leader
- There may be options to move into other departments such as Quality, Design or work on vehicles on and off site, supporting customers
- Opportunities to gain further qualifications to IPC620 Standards, Quality acccreditations, HNC in Electrical Engineering
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.