Apprentice Business Administrator Downs Way Medical Practice
This role is working as PA to the Managing Partner and management team, supporting all of the management and operational functions of the practice. This will cover all aspects including personnel records, premises, finance and detailed project work.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Oct 2023
29 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- This apprenticeship is to work as Personal Assistant (PA) to the Managing Partner and the management team.
- It will involve learning all aspects of the management of the business, including personnel record keeping, financial management including claims, premises management, handling complaints and much more
- As time goes on and experience grows, more responsibility will be delegated
- The role will be based at the main site at Istead Rise
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- On the job training will be provided to cover all of the statutory and mandatory training items, plus an understanding of the clinical computer system along with detailed training on the other non clinical systems that are used to run the business
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This role will be one that will allow the right candidate to learn skills and then utilise them to best effect. It is anticipated that progression towards practice management roles in the future would be available. The practice expects this role to continue post apprenticeship (we have had apprentices for well over 10 years now and have always employed our apprentices on completion of their courses.)
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or Above) Desired
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.