MW & MD Grigg are offering an exciting opportunity to join their team as a General Farm Worker Apprentice. You will receive industry knowledge and experience and develop new skills relevant to animal care, tending to pasture and feed, and maintaining the farm.
Closing date: 19 Apr 2024
Hourly rate will be £6 with the potential to increase based on performance.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
11 May 2024
29 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Working alongside the farmer, the main duties will include:
- Assisting with day-to-day robotic milking and care of the animals, all to a high standard
- Pasture and feed management
- Tractor and machinery yard work
- Maintenance of farm infrastructure including fencing and buildings
- Opportunities to learn computer work associated with robotic milking
The training you will be getting
You will be working towards a Level 2 General Farm Worker apprenticeship standard.
You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an apprenticeship advisor.
You will be required to attend Duchy College Stoke Climsland on a weekly basis as part of the apprenticeship training.
Other mandatory qualifications:
- Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work, which is a minimum of 1-day course (Ofqual regulated)
- Level 2 City & Guilds Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides Guidance or Lantra Safe use of Pesticides
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths if GCSE Grade C/4 or equivalent not already attained
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There may be an opportunity for further employment and development for the right candidate upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade D/3) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
MW & MD Grigg
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
General farm worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.