Bambinos Childcare Centres have been operating in Plymouth since 1994, and are looking to recruit 3 child care apprentices to join the team in their Plymstock branch. You will be expected to work within the team to ensure the smooth day to day organisation and safety of all children.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
24 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- You will be expected to work within the team to ensure the smooth day to day organisation and safety of all children
- The successful apprentice must have excellent observation and communication skills and will play an active part in the development of the children in their care
- You will also be a key worker to a group of children where you will play a big part in their development and overall learning journey
- You will help children to understand and demonstrate good health, hygiene and personal habits during meal times, rest periods and bathroom use, and model excellence whilst you assist in serving snacks and refreshments to children
- You must also be a great team player and have excellent standards of personal hygiene and appearance, be reliable and model positive behaviour at all times
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Apprenticeship in Child Care includes:
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Standard
Most aspects of the qualification and training will be delivered at your workplace where you will be supported throughout your training by your employer.
You will have regular visits every 6 to 12 weeks from your designated assessor who will help you, and monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As an additional qualification you will also achieve Emergency and Paediatric First Aid, and a Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding and Functional Skills (if required).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On completion of your Level 2 qualification, you will have the opportunity to progress onto the Level 3 apprenticeship
- The employer is very committed to staff development and training, and to assist the successful apprentice to progress through all their training, with a view to future employment
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
SKILLS TO GROUP LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)