Rowsell Roofing was established in 1978 and has grown extensively over the years into the well-known and respected company that it is today. We pride ourselves on our reputation for professional expertise, craftsmanship and reliability. We are proud to work with the National Trust, Local Authorities and many other clients with amazing results.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
30 Sep 2023
24 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Removing or repairing broken slates and tiles
- Checking roof timbers
- Measuring and cutting materials to the correct size
- Cutting and fitting lead flashings around chimneys
- Tiling and slating
- Roofline joinery works
- Sealing roof joints
- Removing rubbish and keeping the work area clean and tidy
- Move, handle and store resources, complying with relevant legislation and guidance
- Select the required materials and resources to carry out the work
- Set up, check, and operate plant and/or equipment
- Install related materials and components to a given specification
- Use, maintain and store hand tools, power tools and associated equipment
- Access, interpret and use drawings and specifications to carry out work
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Roofer - Apprenticeship Standard
- Day release training at South West Roofing Training Group, Exeter (3 days per month)
- Full-time work required throughout the trial period until the commencement of the day release schedule in June/July 2024
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progress to a Supervisor/Gang leader role. Once qualified and experienced there is potential to earn over £40,000 per year within this industry
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 3-9/ A-D) Essential
About the employer
SOUTH WALES AND SOUTH WEST ROOFING TRAINING GROUP
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.