Café Pause has an exciting opportunity for an apprentice Commis Chef to join their team. As an apprentice Commis Chef, you will learn to make food from produce sourced from the best suppliers Cornwall has to offer, to create delicious food for our customers. You gain a Level 2 in Food & Hygiene and will be putting it into practise daily.
Closing date: 08 Jan 2024
Potential staff discount and tips.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.0
Possible start date
22 Jan 2024
24 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Daily duties will include:
- Preparing Food and applying all relevant F&H and labelling
- Cooking Food – to high standards and ensuring the cooked probing method is used regularly
- Plating food – to highest standards
- Cleaning to the FSA requirements
The training you will be getting
- You will be working towards a Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- You will be required to attend Cornwall College St Austell once a week during term times
- Apprentices without English and Maths will need to pass this before end point assessment
- Level 2 in Food & Hygiene and putting into practise daily
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Training for a chef position
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.