Hair Professional Level 2 Apprenticeship Aruba Hair Group
Gain a Level 2 Hairdressing Qualification, learn skills, build a career and 'earn while you learn' as a Level 2 Hair Professional with Aruba Blue Ltd. You will be booking appointments, shampooing and conditioning, as well as other duties.
Closing date: 23 Jan 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
24 Jan 2024
24 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
The employer is looking for someone who is enthusiastic with good social skills, who is creative, and really keen to learn.
Duties are likely to include
- Booking appointments
- Blow drying and styling hair
- Colour and lightening using a range of techniques.
You’ll study hairdressing topics such as:
- Hair and skin testing
- The effects of chemicals on hair and skin
- The principles of hair colour selection, alongside environmental and sustainable working practices
There’s also the option to learn about promoting products, perming, and working with different hair types. You will also be required to attend weekly college sessions to cover additional practical training alongside structured theory sessions to enable you to cover the new Hair Professional Standard requirements.
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Hair Professional (Hairdressing / Barbering)
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
Some aspects of the qualification will be delivered on-site and you will have regular visits every 6 to 12 weeks from your designated assessor from Skills Group, who will monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As part of your apprenticeship you will be expected to attend college one day per week, where you will improve upon your knowledge and practical skills.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Having completed the level 2 qualification, there will be an opportunity to work towards an Advanced and Creative Hair Professional Level 3 Standard to further enhance your skills
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
SKILLS TO GROUP LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.