Skin Deep Salon is looking for a Hairdressing Apprentice to join their friendly team in their modern salon is based in Plympton. You will assist senior hairdressers in providing a range of hair services to clients, including cutting, styling, colouring, and treatments.
Closing date: 23 Jan 2024
*Wages:* £211.20 pw, based on a 40 hour week. Overtime above the 40 hours per week, will be paid at the appropriate national minimum wage depending on age. 28 days holiday entitlement (incl. bank holidays) during the course of your apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
24 Jan 2024
24 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Duties are likely to include;
- Assist senior hairdressers in providing a range of hair services to clients, including cutting, styling, colouring, and treatments
- Greet and welcome clients, ensuring a friendly and professional atmosphere
- Shampoo and condition clients’ hair, preparing them for styling or treatments
- Maintain a clean and organised salon environment, including sanitising tools and workstations
- Support in mixing and applying hair colour, highlights, and other chemical treatments under supervision
- Learn and apply various hairdressing techniques, including blow-drying, curling, and straightening hair
- Provide excellent customer service by actively listening to clients’ needs and preferences
- Assist in recommending suitable hairstyles and products based on clients’ hair type and desired look
- Keep up-to-date with the latest hair trends, styles, and techniques through ongoing training and education
- Develop skills in basic salon administration tasks, such as scheduling appointments and handling cash transactions
- Follow salon policies and procedures, including health and safety guidelines
- Uphold a professional appearance and behaviour at all times, representing the salon in a positive manner
- Collaborate effectively with team members, supporting a harmonious and productive salon environment
The training you will be getting
The Apprenticeship in Hairdressing includes:
Level 2 Hair Professional (Hairdressing / Barbering)
Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing / Barbering)
Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Some aspects of the qualification will be delivered on-site and you will have regular visits every 6 to 12 weeks from your designated assessor from Skills Group, who will monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As part of your apprenticeship you will be expected to attend college one day per week, where you will improve upon your knowledge and practical skills.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
On completion of the level 2 qualification, there will be an opportunity to work towards an advanced level 3 to further enhance your skills.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 9-1 equivalent to A*-G) Desired
About the employer
SKIN DEEP HAIR LIMITED
SKILLS TO GROUP LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.