As a carpentry apprentice you will learn all aspects of carpentry and joinery as well as building and construction work, you will be expected to learn how to measure, cut and build using materials. You will be working with wood on a day-to-day basis and must be precise with all of your work.
Closing date: 14 Nov 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
15 Nov 2023
24 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- You will need to have good communication skills, as you will be dealing with customer and colleagues
- You will be expected to work physically so a high level of stamina is desirable
- You may be working in people's homes so you will need to be responsible at all times.
- Typical duties involve shaping and cutting materials, installing finished materials
- You will also be using the appropriate tools and to the quality specified
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Apprenticeship in Carpentry consists of:
- Carpentry and joinery Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Construction Skills Health, Safety and Environment test –
- CSCS Test
As part of the apprenticeship programme, attendance is required at our Skills Group training centre for one day per week. All other aspects of the qualification will be delivered on-site by the employer.
You will have regular visits every six to eight weeks from your designated Skills Group assessor, who will monitor your progress during your apprenticeship training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- After having completed your apprenticeship programme, you will have the opportunity to progress onto a higher level apprenticeship or become self-employed and in time a small business owner.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
SKILLS TO GROUP LIMITED
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.