Bodyshop Paint Technician Apprenticeship - Stockport SYTNER GROUP LIMITED
Do you want a dynamic and exciting career in the automotive industry? Sytner Jaguar Land Rover is offering an opportunity for an Apprentice to join their team, learning how to carry out duties such as preparing, spraying and finishing vehicles that have been involved in collisions and/or other incidents in an efficient manner.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
23 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Their role includes repair, surface preparation and painting to the manufacturer paint specification. A technician is able to follow defined processes to restore the vehicle to a high-quality paint finish. Demonstrating colour identification and select the correct materials such as primers, base coats and lacquers applied using spray equipment and utilising modern drying/curing techniques such as Ultra Violet (UV), Infrared and catalytic solutions used in the refinishing of vehicles.
Create a safe environment working efficiently and reducing waste. The comprehensive programme provides apprentices with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications, while in full-time employment.
This is an unrivalled opportunity with excellent training at Emtec College and superb future career prospects. Working for Sytner, the successful candidate will repair, surface preparation and painting to the manufacturer paint specification.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside the current staff to repair and painting customer vehicles
- Involvement in drying and curing techniques used in the finishing of vehicles
- Calculation / estimation of paint volume requirements per job
- Health & Safety and compliance requirements of a collision repair business, such as control of substances
- Identify and operate the correct repair tools, equipment and devices used in the process e.g mixing systems, paint booths, UV lamps and spray equipment
- Training will take place via Emtec, Ruddington on a block release model 8 x per year
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Nationally recognised qualifications - IMI Apprenticeship in Vehicle damage paint technician (Standard Level 3)
- Functional Skills Level 2 (if required) Regular review and welfare visits from our assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
- Vehicle damage paint technician Level 3
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion and review of the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to gain employment with the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
About the employer
SYTNER GROUP LIMITED
Vehicle damage paint technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.