Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship CLUGSTON DISTRIBUTION SERVICES LIMITED
The successful candidate will be working in a purpose-built workshop alongside an experienced mechanic. You will be trained to repair and service heavy vehicles, commercial and plant vehicles. You will work towards a level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician apprenticeship standard. The role includes working alongside an experienced mechanic repairing heavy vehicles, general repairs and servicing.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
23 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working alongside an experienced mechanic repairing heavy vehicles
- General repairs
- Checking electrical faults
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths (if required)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Day release training will take place at the GTA training centre in Armthorpe one day each week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possible progression to higher responsibilities & full time employment
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
DONCASTER ROTHERHAM AND DISTRICT MOTOR TRADES GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.