A chance to work in a vibrant, friendly family-run business with the opportunity to develop and progress within the company long term. The main purpose of this role is to get goods shipped to our customers on time and in excellent condition. Fulfilling this role helps maintain the high standard of service our customers have come to expect.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
Access to company health insurance scheme. Bonus scheme for all staff after completing 6 months probation.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
23 Oct 2023
22 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Receiving deliveries
- Booking goods from suppliers
- Completing all despatches for the day
- Keeping the work environment clean and safe
- Putting goods away accurately on the shelves or pallet racking
- Picking orders from customers
- Checking picked orders
- Packing orders suitably for the transport method
- Serving customers at the trade counter and Fastlane
- Arranging solutions to the best method of shipping each order
- Processing customer returns
- Continuous improvement to the systems to increase efficiency
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Apprentice will work towards their Apprenticeship Standard in Trade Supplier Level 2.
The successful candidate will be assigned a dedicated work-based trainer who will provide support and guidance throughout the course. This is a work-based programme which means that all of your learning will take place on the site of your employment and within your contracted working hours.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Apprentices could progress to full-time warehouse roles including trade counter work or they could progress into an office-based sales role
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Ruby or Margaret in the Apprenticeships Team
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.