Communications Apprentice South Staffordshire District Council
Reporting to the Communications Manager, this the perfect opportunity for a keen and passionate candidate to learn about running successful social media campaigns, discover how to make the most out of digital content, and even learn how to produce a magazine and construct effective press releases.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2023
During the second year for employees, salary is raised to £15,350 per annum and is more generous than the national minimum wage rates for apprentices.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
06 Nov 2023
22 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Weekly wellbeing article – creating or editing and sending to all staff and publishing on the core, weekly news round-ups – creating, designing, collating and sending out to
staff, residents, members and parish councils, assisting in the creation of communication campaigns: social media, press
releases, online articles, posters, banners etc.
- Promoting corporate events, assisting in the production of the all-staff Big Thank You event
- Assisting with the production of the Review magazine, assisting with administrative duties to support communications, posting pre-agreed messaging on social media, raising profile of council's social media profiles, assisting in the production of corporate videos
- And much more
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Digital Marketer Advanced Standard (Level 3)
- Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group
- Training will be one day a week
- COURSE 1 - PRINCIPLES OF ONLINE & OFFLINE MARKETING (PART 1)
- COURSE 2 - PRINCIPLES OF ONLINE & OFFLINE MARKETING (PART 2)
- COURSE 3 - PRINCIPLES OF CODING (PART 1)
- COURSE 4 - PRINCIPLES OF CODING (PART 2)
- COURSE 5 - GOOGLE ANALYTICS 4
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- May lead to a permanent role with South Staffordshire Council
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
NEWCASTLE AND STAFFORD COLLEGES GROUP
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.