Sport Apprentice Teaching Assistant Leigham Primary School and Nursery
Leigham Primary School are seeking to appoint a positive and enthusiastic Sport Apprentice to support the school with PE and Sport and in class across the school. Leigham aims to provide pupils with a safe, caring environment in which they can learn and develop purposefully.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
23 Oct 2023
22 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant Apprentice to work in a Key Stage 2 class and assist the teacher.
Main duties for this role will include:
- Assisting with day-to-day tasks as directed
- Delivering intervention programmes for individual children or small groups
- Setting up and clearing away any activities, including snacks, planned for the children
The successful candidate will also:
- Show initiative
- Have an understanding of safeguarding and be willing to undertake a DBS enhanced disclosure check
- Maintain positive relationships with children and parents at all time
- Have a willingness to learn
- Demonstrate the ability to develop exemplary professional, creative and personal qualities expected of teaching assistants, including punctuality and reliability
- Maintain confidentiality
- Deliver intervention programmes for individual children or small groups
- The Sports Apprentice may be classed-based each morning but work across the school to support the teaching of PE during the afternoons
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On Level 2 Community Activator Coach standard, you will work towards the following:
- Behaviours, Skills & Knowledge
- Functional Skills in maths and English at level 2 (if not already exempt through prior qualifications)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out
- Training will take place one day a month at Home Park
- Apprenticeship standard Community Activator Coach
- Training provider, Plymouth Argyle Community Trust Home Park, Outland Road, Plymouth, Devon, PL2 3DQ
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There may be the potential for full-time employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate
- There will also be support given if the successful candidate wants to progress into university or gain a full-time T.A role after completing the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 4-9 (A-C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY TRUST
Community activator coach
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.