Early Years Assistant Apprentice ROSEMOUNT NURSERY BUSH HILL PARK LIMITED
To support and work closely with the nursery team to develop a safe, nurturing and friendly environment for the children in our care. You will set up activities that are stimulating and allows quality interaction and engagement. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2023
Wage dependent on age: 17 - 18 years - £6.50 19 to 20 - £8.00 per hour 21 to 22 - £10.18 per hour 23 and over - £10.42 per hour
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
13 Nov 2023
22 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To be a ‘Key Person’ to a group of children to support their learning and development
- To complete monthly observations, termly assessments and legal require assessments such as 2-year Progress Checks
- To develop a good practitioner knowledge about your key children
- To build Positive Relationships with your key children’s parents.
- To give daily feedback
- To plan activities for all key children around their interest and assess children’s ‘Next Steps’
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Working towards completing Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship standard
- Work based learning with ad hoc workshops at Hertford Regional College
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There will be opportunities for progression and a permanent position subject to performance
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-D (9-3)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
The Apprenticeship Team
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.