Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician Apprentice W. H. MALCOLM LIMITED
To provide general maintenance and repair service to a fleet of HGV trucks. You will be required to carry out servicing to VOSA standards and regulations and carry out 6 weekly inspection of vehicles to include braking systems, suspension systems, electrical and engine maintenance.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
Under 18 at National Minimum Wage for Apprenticeships Over 18s: First 9 hours per day at £5.30 per hour. O/t 1 at £7.50 per hour. O/t 2 at £10.00 per hour. O/t 3 at £8.50 per hour. Nightshift payment is at £6.21 per all hours.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
21 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful applicant will become familiar with:
- MOT inspection
- The fundamentals of HGV technologies e.g. HGV chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, electrical (12/24v), air-conditioning, hydraulic and air braking, air suspension systems etc.
- The types and associated characteristics of HGV and their configurations and applications
- Diagnosing principles and logical problem-solving techniques related to HGV tanker, design legislation & operation
- Sufficient H&S knowledge and environmental awareness to carry out the work safely
- Operators “O” Licence requirements relating to HGV
- How to service, inspect and maintain vehicles and trailers to the expected standards and the importance of safety inspection and maintenance schedules to meet Operator’s (O) licence and legal obligations
- Record keeping, job card/work recording
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Qualification - Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Level 3 standard.
College attendance one day per week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Relevant training and experience within the trade. Potential full-time position for the right applicant.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.