We require an IT support Apprentice to help maintain our IT infrastructure. You'll be assisting with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of computer systems, plus much more. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of IT technologies and could potentially be offered a job after the apprenticeship.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
17 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an IT Apprentice, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience and learn essential skills in the field of Information Technology.
Working closely with experienced IT professionals, your main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of computer systems, networks, and software
- Providing technical support to end-users, troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- General PC maintenance
- Helping with the administration of our website
- Participating in IT projects, such as system upgrades, software deployments, and network enhancements
- Documenting processes, procedures, and technical specifications
- Working with our IP telephony system
- Working with a wide range of products and technologies including PCs, Mac, iPads, mobile devices, and ERP systems
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- 13-months practical training period, plus 3-months for End Point Assessment
- Work-based training with your employer
- Day release during term time (approximately 1-day a week for 1-year)
- Approximately four on-site assessment visits per year
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (7-days at college for each, if required)
- Off the job training will count for at least 6-hours a week of an apprentice’s time at work
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We have a full-time role available after the apprenticeship for the correct candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C 9/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Computer Science (Grade A*-C 9/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.