Apprentice Early years Educator - Blue Butterfly Montessori, Stanmore,HA7 3QD Blue Butterfly Montessori-Stanmore
Blue Butterfly Montessori in Stanmore, has an opportunity for a Level 2 qualified Apprentice to progress to your Level 3 childcare qualification while also gaining valuable job experience. Various duties, such as activities with the children and ensuring their safety, will be completed throughout this apprenticeship.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
This will be reviewed throughout the apprenticeship as performance increase may be applicable or the successful candidate. A higher rate of pay will be available for the right candidate, with relevant experience.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
05 Oct 2023
30 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
- To keep records of your key children's development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child's life
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories
- To advise the manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, summer fayre, etc
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc
- To work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting's philosophy is fulfilled
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Apprentices must successfully complete a Level 3 Award in;
- Paediatric First Aid (RQF) or
- Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
For the successful candidate, subject to employer needs, there may be the opportunity for further employment and progression upon completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-5) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-5) Desired
About the employer
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.